In the backward most Sundarban deltas in South 24-Parganas District,people migrate between April and July usually for agricultural work if they do not have their own land and also people migrate between March and April for the harvesting time of paddy to Hooghly. In the winter months they migrate to Bardhaman or Hooghly to work in a potato-storage. Migration to Kolkata can be identified throughout the whole year.
To contribute to improve livelihood and poverty reduction of the most vulnerable sections of the society in India by stimulating rural economy by developing entrepreneurship and employment in green sector .On the basis of counseling after assessing the locally appropriate rural trades to the employed youths, small and marginal farmers and school dropout individuals, skill building and modern scientific training extension and business development support was given to specific age group and trades on the followings:
2. Strengthening livelihood through Poultry and Goat Farming
3. Integrated Pest Management to reduce environment pollution
4. Income Generation Avenues for rural womenfolk through Food Processing
5. Alternative Income from Fish Farming
6. Maintenance of Soil health using farm resources